By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: January 12, 2016
Have you resolved to eat more greens this year? Don’t be fooled thinking your only options are salads and green smoothies. You can sneak those green leafy veggies into all sorts of recipes – including a tasty chia pudding like this recipe here. This recipe is absolutely packed full of fiber, and has the benefit of being naturally water-rich – a fantastic combination for a healthy GI tract. Enjoy!
- 5 medium celery stalks
- 1 peeled chayote squash or 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium apple, red o yellow
- 1 cup of kale
- 2 cm ginger root, peeled (optional)
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 medium ripe banana, sliced
- Toppings: Mulberries, dried coconut, organic tahini or other nut/seed butter
- Prepare your juice with a slow juicer or whatever you have in hand. Once the juice is ready, take 1 cup of fresh juice put in a medium bowl, add the chia seeds and mix well.
- Let it sit for 25 minutes or overnight, try to move it once in a while to avoid lumps. Once your chia pudding is thick, top with banana slices, mulberries and drizzle with tahini or any other nut/seed butter of choice. You can keep this in the fridge up to a week. But preferably eat it within 3 days.