By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: January 29, 2015
Ginkgo, the highly revered and ancient herb used to increase circulation and oxygenation to the brain and vital organs, enhance memory, and boost energy and endurance levels has just landed itself in a raw vegan pesto recipe with a seriously adaptogenic and healing superfood twist.
- 3 cups freshly picked ginkgo leaves, stalks removed
- 1 heaped tablespoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 heaped cup raw cashews
- ½ cup olive oil
- Layer the ginkgo leaves, miso, nutritional yeast, salt and cashews in a food processor, with the leaves at the bottom.
- Quickly pour the olive oil down the chute as the motor runs. Process till just combined and still a little chunky.
- Transfer to a 500ml glass jar, pour a little extra olive oil over the top to cover.
- Tap on a hard surface to remove any air bubbles, cap and store in the fridge.