By Chef: Callie England
Posted: February 21, 2011
Scrumptious ginger snap cookies that are delightful all year round, not just the Holidays! Let the spicy sweet flavors of ginger, nutmeg, and clove transport you into fond warm childhood memories!
- 1 C almond flour (soaked/dehydrated almonds, then vita-mixed and/or processed)
- 1 C oat flour (oat groats vita-mixed)
- .5 C date powder (date sugar vita-mixed)
- .25 C maple syrup
- 2 T black strap molasses
- 1-2 T freshly grated ginger
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground cloves
- 1.25 tsp sea salt
- .75 tsp nutmeg
1. In a food processor, process all dry ingredients.
2. Slowly add in wet ingredients and pulse until ingredients start to stick together.
3. Once combined, use hands to work into one large ball.
4. On a silpat, roll dough out using quick and short strokes (trust me, don’t go back-and-forth).
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut to desired shape and place on a mesh dehydrator sheet.
6. Dehydrate at 105 for 12 hours, or, 24 for a firmer gingersnap.
Depending on how you like your gingersnaps, you can leave these in the D for much longer than the time suggested above. The first batch, I actually left in the D for about 48 hours and I loved the firm texture. However, I’m somewhat odd and understand that most would probably prefer the softer version. So, just use your judgment.