By Chef: Jackie
Posted: December 17, 2015
This smoothie is kind of like a hybrid between a gingerbread cookie and a peanut butter cookie. It’s rich, sweet, slightly spicy and so so creamy. It makes such a great cookie alternative for dessert, but is healthy enough that you don’t have to feel guilty about serving it for breakfast. In fact, it would be the perfect way to start the day on Christmas morning!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter + 1 teaspoon (if peanut-free — try sprouted sunflower butter for similar flavor)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in a small Ziploc bag. Snip off one corner of the bag with scissors.
- Pour the smoothie from the blender into a bowl. Using your homemade piping bag, pipe a peanut butter gingerbread man on top of the smoothie for decoration.
Toddler Tip: Once you’ve drawn the outline for the gingerbread man, hand the piping bag over to your toddler to let them finish off the decorations for their gingerbread man.