By Chef: Amie Sue
Posted: September 20, 2013
Crunchy, flavorful and totally delectable nut-free kale chips by Amie Sue of Nouveau Raw inspired by a genius recipe featured on Cafe Gratitude‘s blog. These are tangy and slightly cheesy from the miso, lime and apple cider vinegar yet contain no nutritional yeast. We love the added dose of omega 3’s from the addition of chia seeds!
Yield: 1 small/medium batch
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp red or white unpasteurized miso
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 bunch (10 oz weight) organic kale
1) Blend all ingredients until silky smooth. Set aside for 10-30 minutes, giving the chia seeds time to expand and absorb some of the dressing.
2) De-stem 1 bunch of kale and place in a large bowl.
Pour the sauce over the kale and with your hands, massage the sauce into the kale, making sure everything is well coated.
3) Place on the teflex sheets that come with your dehydrator.
Dry at 115 for 3 to 4 hours.
4) Remove from teflex sheets and continue dehydrating for another couple of hours or until completely dry.