By Chef: Heidi Turunen
Posted: August 6, 2015
Fresh ginger gives these basic chocolate cookies a nice kick! These are also raw, vegan, gluten and sugar-free and have only a few simple ingredients. Perfect for those days you really can’ be bothered making something complicated, but really, really, need something sweet. The combo of dark chocolate and ginger make these cookies a bit more pleasing for grown up taste buds, but will be loved by all ages.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 10-12 medjool dates
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cm piece fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup liquid raw sweetener of choice (agave, coconut nectar, honey, etc)
- Blend all the cookie ingredients in a food processor till slightly sticky texture is formed. Flatten the mixture and use a cookie cutter or knife to make the cookies. Place them in the freezer to set.
- In the meanwhile make the chocolate by combining all the chocolate ingredients together. Mix well with a spoon.
- Remove cookies from the freezer and dip in chocolate. Repeat with every cookie. Pop them back in the freezer to set. Once the chocolate has hardened up, enjoy or store in the fridge for later.