By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: August 7, 2014
Once in a while a smoothie recipe comes along that will absolutely transport you into a completely different reality upon first sip. This one by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries is one of those recipes. Fresh pear combines with juicy medjool dates, creamy cashews, homemade almond milk, spicy ginger root, ice and chocolatey-rich cacao nibs to tie it all together with a crunch.
Yield: large or 2 medium servings
- 1 Heaping C chopped, ripe pear (1-1/2 Medium)
- 3 Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 C Raw cashews
- 1-1/2 C Almond milk
- 1-1/2″ Fresh ginger
- 1 C Ice
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
1) Blend the pear, dates, cashews, almon milk and ginger in a high-powered blender until completely smooth.
2) Add the ice and blend again.
3) Finally, add the cacao nibs and pulse to partially break down.
* If you want it more chocolatey, add a couple of Tbsp raw cacao powder as well!