By Chef: Christine Roseberry
Posted: December 2, 2015
This delicious comforting pumpkin spice smoothie brings all the delectable flavors of fall together into one glass. As you blend it up your kitchen will begin to smell like a fresh-baked pastry with the aromatic spices of cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and of course the pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamin A which is essential for eye health and good vision. It also promotes bone growth and helps keeps a strong immune system. It is also essential for healthy, glowing skin. Pumpkin is one of the highest sources of potassium. Potassium is essential to heart health and to keep muscles working optimally. Pumpkin also helps reduce inflammation and inflammatory disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis thanks to the high levels of beta-cryptoxanthin it contains.
There is no refined sugar added here, no dairy, no processed ingredients or add preservatives and it is low in fat. That means every time you drink up you are nourishing your body with 100% healing foods. That is so important for glowing health!
- 1 cup sugar pumpkin, peeled & cubed
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup fresh apple juice
- 1 heaping tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 capful of pure vanilla extract
- 1 quarter size chunk of ginger
- 1 ripe ooey gooey persimmon, topped removed
- (optional) 1/2 cup ice
- Blend all the above ingredients in a high-speed blender on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a fun glass and enjoy immediately.