By Chef: Elenore Earthsprout
Posted: September 17, 2012
I kept this recipe extremely basic for it to be as easy as possible on my stomach. If you want to go all green wild vixen and add all kinds of veggies, other fruits, superfoods and fun stuff, go ahead and do it! I´ll give it a few more days then add some raw cacao!
- 3 cup Nettle, roughly chopped
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup oat milk/almond milk/other veggie milk
- 1.2 cup mixed frozen berries
- 0.5 tsp pure vanilla
- 10 drops stevia concentrate
- 1 organic lemon, zest & juice
1. Rinse and roughly chop the nettles and add it to the blender along with all other ingredients.
2. Blend thoroughly (about 1-2 minutes depending on your blender) this makes the stings disappear and it breaks down the cellular walls of the nettles which makes the nutrition more available for your body to absorb.
3. Add some frozen berries and say cheers!
Voilá, a few smoothies, plenty of rest and a trip to a local farm/shop later I´m feeling confident that life actually HAS returned. Like for real. Amazed yet again by the fabulous power of love (feeling the Lion King soundtrack?) and that sometimes the bathroom floor is a real nice place to sleep (ahem..)