By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: October 6, 2015
Citrus lovers rejoice! A raw, vegan, and gluten-free pie that is definitely not short on that citrusy sweet-tart flavor you love. Use lemons or limes, or a combination of both; whatever suits your fancy!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut flour or almonds
- 3-4 Tbsp water, as needed
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut butter , melted
- Juice from 4 limes (or lemons)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (room temperature) water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 6 stevia drops or 2 extra Tbsp liquid sweetener
- Start by soaking the nuts for 5-6 hours.
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, coconut and coconut flour in your food processor or vitamix. Add the water as needed, until you have a sticky consistency. Transfer mixture to a cheesecake pan or mini cheesecake molds like I did. Leave in the freezer and continue with the filling.
- Blend the cashews, melted coconut butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, water, vanilla and stevia drops until you have a very creamy consistency. Transfer the mixture to cheesecake pan and freeze for at least 10 hours.
- Once ready, leave outside the freezer for 5 minutes and remove from pan while frozen.
- Top with fresh berries or lemon zest.
This holds really well if left in the fridge but you can also put it back on the freezer if desired.