By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: March 19, 2015
No living animal need be harmed to enjoy a delicious ceviche! This raw vegan version utilizes fresh, juicy jicama along with tomato, heart of palm, avocado, spicy jalapeno, avocado, and a burst of fresh lime. Serve it up in lettuce leaves or organic corn tortillas for your next taco night.
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cubed
- 1 tomato, finely chopped or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 hearts of palm, canned, finely chopped
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper (optional but recommended)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large avocado o 1 small, cubed
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Mix jicama, hearts of palm, jalapeño pepper, red onion, tomato, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to let it absorb the flavors. Add sea salt to taste if desired.
- Remove and add avocado, mix well and serve over tostadas or lettuce leaves.
- Enjoy and devour