By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: July 16, 2015
With only 4 ingredients and a very low glycemic index, this raw vegan chocolate recipe is as easy as it is healthy and delicious! Carob powder is used to replace cacao – so it also happens to be a great alternative for children who could do without the stimulative effects of raw chocolate. The tahini in this recipe offers a generous dose of calcium as well – great for the body whether you’re young (with rapidly growing bones) or just young at heart.
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp organic tahini
- 1 big Tbsp carob powder (can use cacao too)
- 6 drops of stevia or 1 Tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- Mix melted coconut butter with tahini until you have a smooth and creamy paste. Add carob and mix again, you should have a smooth and buttery mixture.
- Pour mixture into a plastic or silicon mold and freeze for 10-15 minutes until it is very firm. Remove from freezer and cut in desire form. Mine just got broken like uniform chocolate squares.
- Enjoy right away! You can put them back in the freezer and they will keep fine for about a week.