By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: March 27, 2015
Do you love strawberries?! Here’s an exciting and very attractive recipe for you by chef Iselin of The Uncooked Vegan Kitchen. A healthy version of your regular Strawberry cheesecake that contains no oil and less nuts. Such a ravishing ‘piece-of-cake’, indeed!
- 3 cups cashews (soaked for about an hour)
- sweetener of your choice (agave, maple, yaconsirup, coconut sugar, stevia or dates)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 cups pitted dates, handful dried figs (optional), 1 vanilla bean, pinch of cinnamon
- Start by processing the dates and the other ingredients for the crust
- The dough should be quite sticky. Press the dough out in a lined tin and set aside (if the dough sticks to your hands try to dip them in water before pressing out the crust)
- For the cheesecake layer add all ingredients to a food processor
- You will need to add in about a cup or so of water, just be careful to not add in to much. You want the cream to be smooth, but thick.
- Pour about half of the cream over the crust and freeze the cake for at least two hours. Then add on a layer of strawberries and the rest of the cream.
- Freeze again for another two hours.
- Decorate the cake with fresh strawberries before serving. The cake should be stored in the freezer.