By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: September 10, 2011
What better way to say goodbye to summer than with a cake. We tried to dress this one up to look as bright and summery as it can. And the flavors – spearmint and chocolate – those are classic.
Yield: 8 inch pie pan
- 1 3/4 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1-2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spearmint layers (1st and 3rd each)
- 2 cups raw cashews — soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup mint syrup (1 cup agave syrup, 2 cups fresh mint leaves blended together)
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Artisana coconut butter
- Same as first, just leave mint and mint syrup out and add 3/4 cup raw cacao powder instead.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup meat of young Thai coconut
- 2 tablespoons each light agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients until crumbly and sticky. Then evenly press the dough into the bottom of an 8 inch spring form.
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except coconut butter, until smooth. Add the coconut butter and mix well. Pour into an 8-inch spring form, pressing with wet fingers, if needed to achieve an even layer. Repeat with the same amount for the third layer.
Same as first, just leave mint and mint syrup out and add 3/4 cup raw cacao powder instead.
After assembling all the layers, refrigerate the cheesecake overnight. Then remove the spring form.
In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients until very smooth. Refrigerate until thickened.
Spread the icing evenly on the top and sides of the cheesecake. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and fruits of your choice. Keep refrigerated and enjoy.