By Chef: Kristen Suzanne
Posted: February 21, 2011
This highly nutritious salad is refreshing, delicious, and full of flavors that combine effortlessly to deliver one awesome salad.
- 1 medium bunch curly kale
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced*
- 1 cup orange, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel leaves, chopped
1) Destem the kale. You can leave the more tender parts of the stem (toward the top of each leaf) in the salad, but the harder stems toward the bottom of each leaf should be torn out. Tear apart the kale leaves (or use a knife and chop them) into bite-size pieces.
2) Place the torn kale into a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, hemp oil, orange zest, salt, and nutmeg. Take a minute and massage all of these ingredients together with your hands.
3) Add the fennel, orange, olives and fennel leaves, and gently toss to mix. Enjoy!