By Chef: Shazzie Love
Posted: November 29, 2010
A totally delicious, moist raw vegan cake! Full of superfoods crystal manna, maca, purple corn extract, hemp seeds and more. You can’t possibly go wrong.
- 1 cup of grated raw cacao butter
- 1 cup of raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of hemp seed butter
- 1/2 cup of carob powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed cacao nibs
- 1/4 of an orange, including skin
- 2 scoops of Detox Your World hemp protein powder (this contains 52% protein)
- 1 dessertspoon of Crystal Manna
- 1 dessertspoon of maca powder
- 1 dessertspoon of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of purple corn extract
- 2 cup of raisins, not soaked
- 1/4 cup of raw rice tocotreinols (optional)
1) Put all the ingredients into a bowl and place that bowl into another one that has warm water in it. Let the ingredients sit for five minutes, this will melt the cacao butter and soften the hemp seed butter.
2) Mix all the ingredients together with a fork, and then put it into a Vita-Mix. Blend all the ingredients until smooth, which will only take about 90 seconds on high. The mixture should just plop out of the Vita-Mix into a mould. If it doesn’t, then add other wet or dry ingredients as necessary and blend again.
3) Spread the mixture evenly in your mould (I add cling film (seran wrap) to mine to enable it to turn out easier), and then place it in the fridge for at least two hours to set. Prepare to be amazed.