By Chef: Ella Leché
Posted: August 15, 2017
This elevated healthy chia pudding is a great way to increase nutrition, as chia seeds are already very nutritious. This particular recipe has an added boost of gut-friendly probiotics to aid digestion and enhance immunity one delicious spoonful at a time.
- 2 cups almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder
- drizzle of coconut nectar or other sweetener (optional) for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk in chia seeds, vanilla extract and probiotic.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly.
- To serve, top with a fruit serving and add a drizzle of sweetener if desired.
I like to make this in the evening to have it ready for a fast breakfast the next day or snack in between meals. Add sweetener into the chia pudding as it’s setting so it becomes sweeter and serve for dessert.