By Chef: Vanessa Vickery
Posted: April 6, 2017
Hot cross buns and chocolate are probably the two most common foods that people enjoy over Easter. These yummy raw bliss balls have all of the enticing flavors of traditional hot cross buns only way healthier ingredients. The only thing missing is the processed flour and sugar, and the little cross on top! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup macadamias
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for coating
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup organic sultanas
- Add all ingredients (except sultanas) to a high speed blender or food processor and process until completely combined.
- Add the sultanas and pulse a few times. You want to ensure that the sultanas are only slightly processed.
- The mixture will be quite soft, but you can still roll the mixture into small balls and place on a lined baking tray in the freezer to firm up for 5 — 10 minutes. Then, remove from the freezer and roll in the desiccated coconut. You may need to reshape the balls first as they may have flattened out in the freezer. Then place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 10 minutes to set.
Note: keep stored in the refrigerator