By Chef: Margaret Chapman
Posted: August 20, 2015
Breakfast never looked so vibrant and delicious! Make a smoothie bowl for a quick & easy, energy-packed start to your day. Top with extra superfoods as desired, enjoy!
- 2 Bananas, frozen
- 1 Pitaya/Dragon Fruit Packet*, frozen
- Coconut Milk or Non-Dairy Milk, as needed to blend
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Sliced Peaches, to top (or Mango)
- Coconut Flakes, to top
- Slivered Almonds, to top
- Prep ahead by peeling ripe bananas and storing them in an air-tight container to freeze overnight.
- Measure and blend all your ingredients, adding liquid as needed to help blend until smooth — about 1 cup for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh peach slices, coconut flakes and slivered almonds.
I used the Pitaya Plus brand, found at my local health food store in the freezer section. 1 packet is 100 grams.