By Chef: Samia Noor
Posted: May 7, 2015
This cake is as amazing as it looks. The taste and the image go together so so well, they are in perfect sync. A crunchy sweet base, topped with a super creamy dark chocolate fudge and a zesty, aromatic and refreshing dark forest fruits syrup. If you’re looking to impress this is an elegant and decadent cake for the most refined palates.
For the crust
- 300gr solomon dates
- 100gr crunchy muesli
- 200gr pecan nuts
For the dark chocolate fudge
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 TBS pure cacao powder
- 4 TBS acacia honey
- 3 TBS melted cacao butter
For the dark forest fruits syrup:
- 200gr forest fruits (think juicy berries)
- 1 TBS raw honey
- All you need to do is mix in a food processor all the ingredients of the crust, then take it out and mix it more with your hands, till it becomes non sticky.
- Push it on the bottom of a baking cake ring evenly with your fingers.
- For the cream, blend all the ingredients together till they for a beautiful thick cream. Spread this cream on top of the crust and let it sit in the freezer at least 1/2 hour. Meanwhile you prepare the syrup.
- For the syrup place juicy black forest berries in a blender with the liquid raw honey and blend into a syrupy puree.
- Take your cake from the freezer and remove the ring. Place it on your desired plate and top it with the forest fruit syrup. Because I had extra dough from the crust, I made little balls and placed them on top of the cake and sprinkled some more cacao powder.