By Chef: Crystal Bonnet
Posted: March 8, 2017
Super chocolatey and crunchy, these coconut chips are pure sweet tooth satisfaction without a stitch of processed sugar. Raw, vegan, superfood-infused, and made with antioxidant-rich raw cacao!
- 2 cups Large Coconut Ribbons
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- 2 tbsps Lucuma Powder
- 1/4 cup Raw Coconut Nectar, or any other liquid sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Chaga Mushroom Powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder or liquid vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt or sea salt
- Soak desiccated coconut for 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain coconut in a fine mesh strainer, cheesecloth or nut milk bag and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix cacao powder, lucuma, vanilla, chaga, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add liquid sweetener to dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add mixture to the large bowl with coconut and mix well. (I use my hands)
- Place evenly on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 18 — 24 hours. Also option to bake at 300 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes.
If dehydrating, place on a dehydrator tray lined with a texflex sheet and after 4 hours remove sheet and place on mesh for rest of dehydrating time.