By Chef: Jenné Claiborne
Posted: November 17, 2014
Creating your own juice blends can take a bit of practice and experimentation. The more you juice the more you’ll discover which ingredients just do it for you. For Jenné Claiborne of Sweet Potato Soul those make-it-or-break-its are the following: ginger, lemon/lime, cucumber, and fennel. Make this cleansing and alkalinizing green juice blend a part of YOUR daily routine and your entire body will be benefited and uplifted.
- 1 large cucumber (peeled if it isn’t organic)
- 1 medium bulb fennel
- 6-8 cups of kale or collard greens
- 1 cup cilantro or parsley
- large piece of ginger (about 2-inches long 1-inch thick)
- 1 piece of fresh turmeric (about ½-inch thick, 2 inches long)
- 1 lemon, peeled
- Put all of the ingredients through your juicer. Enjoy immediately, or (if you have a cold-press juicer) store some in the fridge for later.
This recipe makes about a liter of juice. I usually make this in the morning and save half to drink in the afternoon, or share with my guy. I use an Omega 8006 masticating juicer. Because it is a slow cold-press juicer it has a very small chute for ingredients. I cut all veggies to fit that chute. Cut your veggies depending on the size of your juicers chute.