By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: April 2, 2014
With a simple veggie peeler in tow you can create so many fabulous noodle-like dishes that are free of wheat and gluten and are instead full of nutrition and water! This tasty recipe by Christina Ross of Love-Fed.com utilizes daikon radish instead of the usual zucchini squash for the noodles, and comes complete with a fantastic ginger lime dressing and plenty of fresh veggies. Our personal favorite aspect? The sprinkling of dried mulberries – they add a delicious and unexpected pop of sweetness and chewiness that taste so amazing paired with the other ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 daikon
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp dried mulberries
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 wedge of lime juice
- 1 tsp red chili pepper
- 1 tsp grated ginger (frozen)
- 1/4 wedge of lime for garnish
1. Peel and soak daikon in a warm salt water bath for 15 minutes (this removes the bitter notes and softens the noodles).
2. Chop remaining veggies
3. In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
4. Plate the daikon noodles and then the veggies and mulberries.
5. Garnish with cilantro and lime
6. Pour dressing on top and serve!