By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: September 7, 2016
This recipe is one of my favorite summer recipes. I oftentimes have these noodles on their own for a light summer lunch when it’s too hot outside and I’m in need of a hydrating, light meal. The noodles are also beautiful as a side dish to dinner.
Serves 2 (as a light meal)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Juice and pulp of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp cold-pressed sesame oil
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 large handfuls sunflower sprouts
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 small handfuls finely chopped mint
- 1 small spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thin spirals
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach or seasonal greens of your choice
- 1 tbsp white and/or black sesame seeds
- 2 lime wedges
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Add the sprouts, radish, mint, and onion to the dressing bowl and toss until thoroughly coated. Massage vegetables for about 1 minute to help soften them. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add cucumber noodles to the bowl and toss until thoroughly coated.
4. Arrange a large handful of baby spinach or greens of choice on each plate, then top with coated noodles.
5. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges.