By Chef: Lauren Felts
Posted: January 9, 2014
An absolutely delicious and hearty kale salad by Lauren Felts of The Holy Kale with ingredients inspired by the Mediterranean. Raw kale is chopped and combined with parsley, kalamata olives, cucumber, capers, artichoke hearts (optional- not raw), sundried tomatoes, pecans, and fresh lemon. The dressing is a creamy and delectable blend of raw tahini (try Dastony’s – it’s the best!), balsamic vinegar, sea salt and honey. Nourishing on every level. If you love the flavors of the Mediterranean and love your greens you will adore this salad.
- 4 c Kale, chopped
- .5 c Parsley, chopped
- 12 Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 c Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbs Capers
- 1 c Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 2 tbs Sundried Tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1/4 c Pecans, raw and chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
1. Place the kale into a large mixing bowl and add in lemon juice.
2. Massage juice into the kale for about 3 minutes, until the kale has softened and broken down.
3. Then add other salad ingredients to the kale and mix.
4. Mix dressing ingredients into the kale salad. Then massage until the dressing is coating the entire salad.