By Chef: Amanda Maguire
Posted: July 11, 2013
Amanda Magquire takes the classic combination of lime and coconut to a new level by adding a pop of Thai chili peppers! Yes its as interesting as it sounds and astonishingly delicious. Hot, cold, sweet, tangy, and creamy all in one bite. And low glycemic too!
- 1 C. Dried Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2½ Cups Warm Water
- 4 Medijool Dates, pitted
- ¼ C. Fresh Lime Juice (about 2-3 limes)
- Zest of 2 Limes
- 3 Seeded & Finely Minced Thai Chili Peppers (or to taste)
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia (or to taste)
- Pinch of Fine Sea Salt
1) Add the coconut, water, and dates to a high speed blender and process on high for one minute.
2) Pour in the lime juice, zest, chili peppers, stevia and sea salt and blend on the lowest setting for a couple of seconds, just until all ingredients are mixed.
3) Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness and heat from the chilis if necessary.
4) Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a few hours, or until completely frozen.
5) Briefly soak the popsicle molds in very warm water to release the popsicles and enjoy!