By Chef: Amanda Maguire
Posted: July 16, 2015
Simple ingredients with a texture that’s similar to a Larabar, but at a fraction of the cost. These bars can be easily customized to suit your tastes.
Yield: 12 bars
- Soak the medjool dates in water for 1 hour, then remove the pits.
- Add to the food processor the soaked dates, almonds, coconut, blueberries, and lemon zest.
- Process until no large chunks remain (about 4-5 minutes). You may need to occasionally scrape down the bowl.
- Using your hands and/or a spatula, press the mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Bars can be stored in the fridge or the freezer.
If possible, use organic lemons since you’ll be using the zest. Organic blueberries are also best, as conventional berries are very high in pesticides.