By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: August 27, 2013
The forever classic combination of mint and chocolate binds together so sweetly in this irresistible recipe for Cocomint Patties by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish. So yummy and full of the natural goodness of raw coconut and cacao, sweetened using only low glycemic coconut nectar, and infused with pure organic peppermint oil. Store them in your freezer for a cooling treat that will melt in your mouth!
- 2c of unsweetened coconut
- 1/4c of coconut oil
- 1/4c of coconut nectar, agave or brown rice syrup
- 3tbsp of *homemade coconut milk (SO easy)
- 1tsp of organic peppermint oil
- *For homemade coconut milk simply blend 2 tbs of Dastony stone ground coconut butter with 1 cup water or coconut water until smooth. Instant coconut milk with no straining necessary!
1) Process for a minute or two… you’ll need to stop once or twice to scrape down the sides. You want a nice smooth consistency in the end.
2) Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and press the goodness in – try and make it less than half an inch thick.
3) Toss it in the freezer for about an hour and then you’re ready for step two!
1) Using the cookie cutter of your choice, cut out as many pieces as you can. Today we used a circle so that they looked just like peppermint patties.
2) Pop them back in the freezer while you melt some chocolate.
3) In a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water warm a bar of really good raw dark chocolate until just melted, drizzle in a few drops of peppermint oil and set aside for a few minutes to slightly cool.
4) Coat the coconut goodness with the chocolate… top and bottom or just the top… whatever makes you happy!
5) Back into the freezer until they’re ready to devour… I mean enjoy