By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: November 30, 2010
This is a super thick, luscious shake made with pure, raw ingredients. It’s so super yummy, words can hardly do it justice. Blend it up and taste for yourself!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked for 1 hour, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder (optional, but adds to the decadence)
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tray of ice cubes (around 14 cubes)
For the Cilantro Infused Oil:
1) Place the peeled garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse to chop.
2) Add the cilantro and process until finely chopped. Alternately, you can mince the garlic and finely chop the cilantro by hand.
3) Place garlic and cilantro in a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil, salt and chili pepper. Set aside.
For the assembly:
1) Slice the tomatoes into 1/2″ thick slices. For each stack you will need 3 tomato slices. Pick out the 12 most evenly sized slices and mix up the colors for variety.
2) Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Each stack will use 1/2 of an avocado, divided among 3 layers. Slice each avocado thinly, about 1/4″ per slice.
3) Cut the limes in half.
4) Gather 4 small plates. Place one tomato slice on each plate. Top with a layer of avocado, a generous squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of cilantro oil.
5) Repeat for two more layers of tomato and avocado, finishing each stack with 3 layers of tomato, avocado, lime and cilantro oil.
Serve immediately. Indulge with great pleasure!