By Chef: Stephanie Moram
Posted: September 19, 2013
These delicious raw chocolate mini mint cookies by Stephanie Moram of Good Girl Gone Green are completely grainless, dairy-less and free of all refined sugar too! So you can release that inner cookie-monster all you want without the subsequent tummy ache, sugar crash or brain fog. They don’t require any dehydration, just an hour or so in the fridge will firm them up to the perfect consistency. We recommend dunking them in a cold glass of nut milk before devouring a few (and maybe a few more…)
Yield: 12 mini cookies
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp of liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey, coconut syrup or even a few drops of stevia)
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavor (less if use extract)
1) Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir.
2) Shape the batter into a cookie shape. You can use a cookie cutter, or a glass jar like I did to make mini cookies because I don’t own cookie cutters.
3) Place in the fridge until firm- about an hour. Once they are firm, you can keep them at room temperature and they will still be hard to the touch.
Carob can be used in place of cacao.
Change up the cookie shape with different cookie cutters.