By Chef: Crystal Bonnet
Posted: August 17, 2017
Who doesn’t love energy bars! They make the perfect snack throughout the day. This recipe is super easy to make, and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Simply pop them in the freezer for a couple of hours once finished. Coating them in chocolate is optional but, of course makes everything better! They’re also nut-free for those of you who may avoid those. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups dates soaked and pitted
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or raw carob powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 drops of liquid stevia optional
- Dash of Himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients except dates and coconut oil in the food processor and process until pumpkin seeds are finely ground.
- Add dates and process until combined and batter starts sticking together.
- Add melted coconut oil and process. Remove batter and place in a bowl.
- Use an 8 x 8 pan or silicone mold to shape bars.
- Place in freezer for minimum 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and option to dip in melted dark chocolate.
Will last in the freezer for 1 month or fridge for 5 days. Tip — I individually wrap them in foil and place in freezer so they are easy to grab for my lunch bag!