By Chef: Marie Reginato
Posted: January 19, 2017
Soft figs coated in dark chocolate, stuffed with crunchy almonds and sprinkled with sea salt. A simple snack for a healthy midday pick-me-up.
- 12 dried figs (I like Black Mission figs)
- ½ bar of dark or raw chocolate
- 12 almonds
- sea salt
- Simply take one whole almond and push it into the base of the fig (the end without the stem). Then dip into the melted chocolate.
- For the chocolate coating — simply melt the bar of chocolate over low heat in a saucepan, stirring as it melts.
- Then dip the stuffed figs into the chocolate sauce, top with sea salt and place in the freezer to harden for 15 minutes. Enjoy!