By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: November 6, 2013
It doesn’t get much more simple and timeless than this classic combination of coconut and chocolate. Even the world’s biggest candy bar corporation knows it! Leave it to Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish to create a recipe with equal parts simplicity and deliciousness. Store these healthy treats in the fridge or freezer for an immediate and healthy sweet tooth-satisfying dessert on the fly!
Yield: 1 medium loaf pan
- 2c of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4c of coconut oil
- 1-2tbsp of coconut nectar or agave
- 1tsp of raw vanilla powder (or good extract)
- 100g/3.5 oz of dark chocolate (try raw cacao paste)
- sprinkling of Himalayan salt
1) Put all of the above ingredients aside from the chocolate into a food processor and process for a minute or two.
2) Press all of this goodness into a parchment lined loaf pan and place it in the freezer for about an hour.
When the hour is almost up…
3) Place about 100g of dark chocolate in a stainless steel bowl and melt over a pot of simmering water.
4) Once the chocolate has just melted, remove the coconut mixture from the freezer.
5) You can cut the coconut bars into smaller pieces and dip those pieces in the chocolate, or you can use a spatula and spread the chocolate over the top.
6) Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle a little bit of himalayan salt over the top….. YUM!!!