By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: February 13, 2014
Chocolate, cherry and vanilla : is there a combination more sweet and enticing? A chocolatey base made from ground flax, sesame, maca, cacao and vanilla is topped with a coconut nectar sweetened and cherry infused coconut cream. A thin layer of pure raw chocolate adds the perfect finishing touch. This recipe by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish is so tasty, healthy, and easy to make!
Yield: around 8 squares
For the base:
- 1 Cup soaked dates
- 1/4 cups flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 generous pinch vanilla powder
For the center:
- 1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup frozen organic cherries
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (or agave)
Homeade chocolate topping:
- 1/4 cup cacao powder2 tablespoons coconut oillarge pinch vanilla bean
For each ‘tart’:
- 1 red tomato
- 1 orange tomato
- 1 yellow tomato
For the base:
1) Pack down the cherry coconut center on top of the base and place it into the freezer for about an hour.
2) Top the goodness with a little homemade chocolate
*Homeade chocolate topping:
1) Place a quarter cup of cacao powder in a stainless steel bowl with two tablespoons of coconut oil and another generous pinch of vanilla powder.
2) Place it over a pot of hot tap water and just let the coconut oil melt.
3) Pour over the top and place it into the fridge for a few minutes before you slice them (with a warm, dry knife) into small pieces and enjoy!