By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: January 27, 2011
Chocolate and cherries are a classic combo, but at first glance, there’s no way to tell there’s a sweet, fresh cherry wrapped up inside these little bites. I love surprises! The truffle base is so simple, you can play around with your favorite fruits, nuts and spices to create your own masterpiece. Have fun!
Yield: 1 dozen
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 12 pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1) Place the cacao powder, vanilla bean and salt in a food processor. Pulse gently to combine.
2) Add the dates, honey and coconut oil and process until sticky and smooth.
3) To make each truffle, roll about one tablespoon of chocolate into a 1″ ball with your hands.
4) Flatten into a circle and wrap around the cherry. Roll again to make a smooth, round ball.
5) Place the 2 tablespoons of cacao powder on a plate. Roll the cherry filled truffle in the cacao powder and give it one last roll with your hands for an even coating.
6) Set in the refrigerator for one hour to firm.
Consume within 2 days since you’re using fresh cherries, or freeze for longer storage.