By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: December 18, 2014
Once finished you may find it hard to take the plunge and dig into this epic dessert, it’s just that pretty to look at. However, it’s chocolate. And cherries. TOGETHER. In one cheesecake. Experience a slice of heaven.
Don’t fret if you don’t have fresh cherries available where you live right now. Feel free to sub in frozen, organic cherries – the result will still be superb!
- 1/2 cup mixed raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup currants (oil/sugar free)
- handful of cherries
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 TBSP cacao powder raw cacao powder
- 4 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup for a vegan version
- Toppings: melted raw chocolate (recipe here), few cherries and pomegranate seeds
- Add the ingredients for the base to a blender and process until you get a sticky ‘dough’.
- Press the dough into a small 9cm cake pan lined with baking paper.
- Pit and half few cherries and arrange them in a single layer on the cake base.
- Add the ingredients for the filling to the same blender (no need to wash it in between uses) and process until you get a super smooth, creamy mix. Scoop the mix onto the layered cherries, smooth the top of the cake, cover with cling wrap and place it in the freezer to firm up.
- When ready to serve, melt a bit of raw chocolate and pour on top of the cake. Serve with more fresh cherries and pomegranate seeds.