By Chef: Jenny Mustard
Posted: November 25, 2015
How to treat myself without mistreating your body? Vegan no-bake banana choco slices! These are the perfect snack or dessert with chocolate-banana rich flavours, without oil, margarine, white sugar or anything else that’s bad for you. And since these are no-bake, you really don’t need much talent or luck in the baking department either. Win!
- 6-8 dates, pitted
- 250 ml / 1 cup oats
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1- 1½ banana
- a pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp almonds, chopped (for garnish)
- blend the dates in a food processor or blender until smooth
- add the dry ingredients (minus the almonds) and blend again
- add the banana and blend. if the dough needs more moisture, add more banana. if it’s too wet, add more oats. it’s the perfect consistency when it forms a ball by itself in the food processor when blending
- form into a rectangle on a parchment paper, and sprinkle half of the the almonds on top. you might need to pat the almond pieces into the dough to make it stick.
- carefully turn it upside down and add more almond sprinkle. let cool completely in the fridge before cutting
- here it is served with strawberries and basil (yum). also delicious with homemade soy yogurt or whipped coconut cream