By Chef: Paula Ansell
Posted: April 27, 2017
These tarts are delicious and perfect if you’re craving a hit of something rich and chocolatey. Healthy enough for breakfast, yet decadent enough to have for dessert. Made with just a handful of ingredients and a few steps to prep. A winning combination!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup of dates
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbs of water(if needed)
- 100g raw cashews (soaked for atleast 4 hours)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (tinned)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Blend together on medium speed in your food processor to make the crust, that will hold together when pressed between the fingers.
- Press into your molds to make the crust and put in the fridge to set., while you make the filling.
- Blend first 4 ingredients together in a high powered blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Put cacao butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar together in a bowl and melt together, using the double boiling method we use to make chocolate.
- Then add to the filling mixture and blend until combined and no chunks remain. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend until smooth set aside separately.
- Remove your molds from the fridge. Grab your bowl of chocolate filling and lightly swirl your raspberry swirl into the chocolate filling, make sure it doesn’t combine completely.
- Then spoon into your molds and decorate with fresh or frozen raspberries.