By Chef: Akshata Sheelvant
Posted: March 4, 2014
Sweetly spiced and delicious gluten-free cookies by Akshata Sheelvant of Jeeva Lifestyle complete with a decadent Rawmio chocolate hazelnut topping. These little morsels of zen-inducing godliness are so easy to prepare and don’t require a single ounce of heat to make (no baking required!). Enjoy a few of these scrumptious cookies with a glass of fresh nut milk or while sipping on your favorite herbal tea.
ps. Akshata is hosting a GIVEAWAY for 1 free jar of Rawmio Chocolate Hazelnut Butter: please visit her blog for details – the winner will be chosen 3/14/14.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats flour (simply grind rolled oats into flour using a blender or coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup ground Flaxseeds
- 2 soaked Medjool Dates (more if you like it sweeter)
- pinch of Cinnamon, Cardamom, Nutmeg pwd (adjust as per your taste)
- pinch of Saffron (optional)
- pinch of Himalayan Salt
- approx 2 tbsp of warm Water (to form the dough)
- Rawmio Chocolate Hazelnut (for topping)
1) Add all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl (except the chocolate-hazelnut spread) and knead it to form a cookie dough using warm water.
2) Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Press down with your thumb to make a small well in the center of the cookie.
3) Now, fill it with a teaspoon or more of Chocolate Hazelnut spread. Time to devour the cookies!