By Chef: Hannah Göransson
Posted: November 23, 2015
A beautiful, delicious, healthy and absolutely fantastic way to kick off your day. This recipe could also serve as a healthy dessert, or nutrient-rich mid-afternoon snack to help you get through an energy slump. Enjoy!
Layer 1: Berry Compote
- about 1 1/2 cups mixed berries, I had raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries
- A pinch of cardamom, optional
- A pinch of cinnamon, optional
Layer 2: Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup creamy, fat coconut milk
- A pinch of real vanilla powder
- A pinch of sea salt
Layer 3: Blueberry Cream
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (or your favorite yogurt)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Pistachio, Mint
- Mix all the ingredients to chia pudding and let stand at least an hour, preferably longer, or overnight. Stir occasionally the first fifteen minutes. When chia pudding has become thick and creamy, you can start with the other layers.
- Mash your berries, spices and (optional) sweetener together.
- Mix the blueberries and yogurt and (optional) sweetener together until creamy.
- Put in a glass or a jar. Start with berry compote, then continue with chia pudding, then blueberry cream and finally optional topping. Enjoy!