By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: March 24, 2015
Granola turned into chewy Rawnola. So sweet and seriously addicting.
Who doesn’t want to take a bite into this addictive recipe? Minus the guilt of the usual oil, sweeteners, and nuts, you’ll surely feel bliss with one bite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded or flaked (I combined both)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I like saigon cinnamon)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional (or raw cane sugar)
- 8-10 medjool dates, pitted
- Pulse the oats, coconut, cinnamon and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add in the dates and pulse until the dates are chopped up and the mixture starts sticking together.
- If you want to double the batch (which I recommend!), I would make each mixture separate and then combine them in a bowl after.
I’ve made this recipe multiple times and sometimes I can get away with using 8 dates and sometimes I need a couple more so it all depends on how big and how gooey the dates are. I recommend medjool dates for this recipe.