By Chef: Nadia Petrova
Posted: July 13, 2012
A creamy base of fresh almond milk and softened cauliflower blends flawlessly to create this delicious savory puree by Nadia Petrova. This delicately flavored soup is a gorgeous cream colored hue, and includes spices of rosemary, nutmeg and pepper as well as a dash of coconut oil and fresh arugula to garnish. Place your soup in the dehydrator to warm slightly or just enjoy chilled with a green salad and some raw crackers on the side.
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 200 gr. raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- rosemary, nutmeg, salt & pepper to taste
- fresh rucola for garnishing (arugula)
1. Cut the cauliflower and the carrots into thin slices
2. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145 F
3. And 6 more hours at 115 F
4. Soak the almonds overnight and then peel them*
5. Blend the almonds, the cauliflower, the coconut oil and the water until nice and creamy. Add only 4 cups of water at the beginning and add more later if needed.
6. While the food processor is on, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream
7. Add the spices and taste to achieve the desired flavor
8. Garnish with dried carrots and fresh greens
9. Serve with some of the peeled almonds for a crunchy touch.
*Tip for peeling the almonds! Just rub each almond between your fingers, easiest way is to rub it between your thumb and index finger and the skin will come off. The almonds need to be soaked overnight to do that.