By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: November 14, 2013
Crunchy carrot noodles by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen dressed with an ultra creamy, zesty, tahini-based garlic sauce made with fresh lemon, tamari, grated ginger and garlic. Make sure you have a jar of Dastony’s raw tahini handy in the cupboard, you’ll be able to create delicious sauces and dressings like this one quickly and easily that way. This noodle dish tastes great topped with chopped parsley or cilantro, sesame seeds, pine nuts, hemp nuts, walnuts or anything else you fancy!
For the noodles:
- 1 big carrot, made into noodles (you can use a veggie noodle/pasta machine or a julienne peeler)
For the sauce:
- 1 full TBSP unhulled tahini (or the regular tahini if you want)
- 1 TBSP good walnut oil (or good olive oil)
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- To top: handful of parsley (chopped), sesame seeds, pine nuts and anything else you fancy
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce until you get them all combined.
2. Cut your carrot into noodles.
3. Pour sauce over the carrots and gently mix them by hand to coat.
4. Top with parsley, sesame and pine nuts and serve fresh.
Keeps well in the fridge overnight.