By Chef: Doris Choi
Posted: February 20, 2014
A simple and refreshing low fat sorbet from Doris Choi of Fresh Energy Recipes utilizing fresh orange and carrot juice, ginger, lemon, and agave nectar to sweeten. To make it even lower glycemic you can also emit some of the agave and add in a touch of stevia. Making your own healthy, raw sorbet couldn’t be easier. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh carrot juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange zest
- 3 tbs fresh ginger juice or a knob of ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon, or 2 medium lemons
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup agave nectar (use stevia to sweeten if using less agave)
1) I used a juicer to get the carrot, orange & ginger juice. You can also put the juices in a blender with a knob of ginger, adding the lemon and agave.
2) Whisk in the orange zest, don’t puree.
3) Process through and ice cream maker or if you don’t have, an ice cube tray works fine. Just make sure to thaw slightly before blending again to make sorbet.