By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: August 3, 2015
The great thing about this sweet snack is that its sugar-free. The natural sweetness of the carob combined with a bit of lucuma and coconut do the trick at sweetening the cups without adding anything else. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup lucuma coconut creme
- 6 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 pinches stevia powder, optional
- 3-4 tablespoons buckwheat crunchies* and/or anything else crunchy
- Add the coconut creme to a bowl and sift the carob and lucuma powder in.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Stir in the buckwheat crunchies.
- To make buckwheat crunchies, soak raw buckwheat groats in filtered water for 2-6 hours (not too long or they will start going bad). Drain and rinse very well, until the water runs clear (this is important – get all the slime off or they will taste bitter). Spread on a dehydrator tray and dry at 145 F for 1 hour and then at 115F for 8 hours or until dry and crunchy. Store in a glass jar in the pantry for up to 6 months.