By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: November 11, 2014
If you avoid refined sugars then you’re most likely not purchasing conventional caramel dip at the super market. However, you don’t have to swear off of this seasonal treat in entirety – you can make your own healthy version with just a few ingredients and your blender. This version utilizes dates, lucuma, creamy raw coconut and pecan butters, and cinnamon. Pair it with all of the fresh and juicy apples of the season for the perfect sweet treat. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, diced apples
- 3 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 2 tablespoons pecan butter
- 2 medjool dates
- 3/4 — 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 tablespoons whole coconut butter
- Blend all but the coconut creme until smooth and creamy.
- Add the coconut creme and blend to incorporate.
- Add a few drops of stevia if you want more sweetness. Eat immediately or chill for a few hours first.