By Chef: Marie Reginato
Posted: October 6, 2016
An addictive three layer caramel-chococlate chunk that is pure delight – made with only nuts, dates & a little chocolate. A raw dessert, made in ten minutes that is nothing less than delicious.
For the base
- 1/2 cup almonds (or any nut)
- 1/2 cup pecans (or any nut)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional but I love the taste, if you don’t use this, add another handful of any nuts to the mixture)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 cup medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the Caramel filling
- 1 and 1/2 cup of medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- 3 ounces of raw chocolate
- For the base, simply place all the ingredients (pitting the dates) into the food processor and blend until a sticky ball forms, about 2 minutes.
- Place the dough in a small baking tray lined with parchment paper ( I used a 11″x7″ baking tray and pressed the base mixture till it was about 1″ thick in the tray) and press down evenly with your fingers.
- Let this sit in the freezer as you make the center. For the center, place all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until creamy and whipped, about 3 minutes. Now layer this evenly on top of the base.
- Finally, melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and pour on top of the two layers. Place in the freezer to set and enjoy!