By Chef: Callie England
Posted: January 3, 2011
This hummus is completely delicious! The saltiness of the capers perfectly compliment the richness of the chickpeas and garlic – like in a ‘match made in heaven’ sort of way.
- 4 C of cooked chickpeas (use sprouted chickpeas or zucchini for a raw version)
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 T tahini
- 2 T caper juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- .5 tsp paprika
- .25 tsp sea salt
- 3 T capers
- 1 T Lucerno Lemon Infused Olive Oil (I love this stuff!)
1. In a high-speed blender, combine the first set of ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. In a food processor add capers and pulse until roughly chopped.
3. Mix 2 T of capers with the hummus mixture.
4. To serve, place mixture in bowl – garnish with 1 T of capers and drizzle with lemon infused olive oil.