By Chef: Julie Van den Kerchove
Posted: July 22, 2015
Do you ever feel a bit tired or overwhelmed around 3pm? No need to reach for a double espresso or a large soda pop! This Cacao Berry Energy Shake is the perfect pick-me-up power snack. It will lift your spirit, increase your concentration and boost your energy levels.
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 ½ cup of mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 5 small soft dates, pitted and roughly chopped (soak them for 10 minutes in warm water if they’re not soft)
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 5 drops of pure liquid Stevia (or extra dates, only if you use sour berries)
- Combine almond milk, berries, dates, cacao nibs, chia seeds and Stevia in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Top with extra cacao nibs and berries.
This Cacao Berry Energy Shake will stay fresh for 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.