By Chef: Golubka
Posted: November 29, 2012
Thinly sliced spiralized butternut squash with fresh or dried cranberries and a generous drizzling of creamy almond butter sauce. Get back on a healthy track after last weeks feasting with a light yet filling, healthy and ultra fresh raw meal that will leave you beaming with energy.
- 1/4 medium butternut squash
- 1 apple — peeled, cored and sliced into a matchstick shape
- two handfuls shredded Swiss chard or other greens of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
Almond Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup purified water
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- seeds of 1 cardamom pod
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1) Peel and seed the butternut squash. Using a spiral slicer, cut it into spaghetti noodles. In a bowl, combine it with apple slices, greens and cranberries.
2) In a blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients until smooth. Add to spaghetti, toss to coat and serve.